The Band is regarded as one of the top entertainment pipe bands in the country, drawing bookings for performances at events such as:
- Musical festivals and Military tattoos
- Annual AFL and Melbourne Cup parades
- The Australian Grand Prix and Brownlow Medal dinners
- Concerts: e.g. John Farnham, Andre Rieu, Proms, ICC Cricket World Cup
- Corporate promotions, conferences, product launches and exhibitions
- Major street parades and festivals.
- Street parades and festivals
- Debutante and Scottish balls
- Community and charity fundraisers
Band Size - Full Pipe Band or a lone piper?
You name it! From one piper upwards, to suit your needs and budget. The Band itself can provide 30+ pipers and drummers but can also coordinate other local bands for those extra large events (150+ musicians).
Standard size pipe band: 12-16 musicians - combination of pipers and drummers, with optional Drum Major. Suited to major outdoor events and large function rooms.
Mini-band: 5-6 musicians - three or four pipers and a couple of drummers. Suited to smaller outdoor events or smaller rooms.
One or two pipers: street promotions, weddings, funerals, parties, etc.
Performance duration can be varied to suit the occasion. A typical performance is of 20 minutes duration, with 3 or 4 performances possible over a 2-hour period.
From time to time the bagpipes will need to be tuned. This usually requires 5-10 minutes before the start of most performances.
We have a broad repertoire of stirring marches, lively jigs and hornpipes and soulful airs. The Band can perform a combination of well-known Scottish favourites and its own contemporary compositions.
To enquire about booking the Band
Contact our Bookings Manager, Janet Craigie-McConnell:
- Email [email protected], or
- Fill in the form below and press Submit